"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Friday, July 20, 2012

Masking Tape Negative Painting

We wanted to get out the paints the other day so we took some pieces of cardboard we had on hand and thought we would try out a bit of masking tape negative painting.

We took masking tape and put it on the cardboard where we didn't want paint to be. I wrote some words from a saying I found on Pinterest, and my daughter decided to make a bird and egg.


Then we painted over the tape in whatever pattern we wanted. My daughter kept with the coloring in method and I just painted some cool colors in random patterns.


We were both happy with the finished products.  I love my daughter's little picture, she always has good ideas of what to do.
My piece is going to be making an appearance in my mother-in-law's classroom this fall at a local high school. I love making projects and passing them on. A fun little project for our summer afternoon.

Linking up here:


Linking up here:
For the Kids Friday

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!
    Edmonton Painters
    Painters Edmonton

    ReplyDelete