"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Owl iPod or Cell Phone Case



I was in need of some gifts for a couple teens in my life. What do teen girls have? Well most have a cell phone and or iPod these days. So the first thing I thought of was some sort of accessory to go with them. I just recently got a new phone myself and I realized that even the cheap cases for these things are around $20.

I know if a teen had an extra $20 they would not be spending it on a cover for their phone or iPod. I knew for sure the two girls I needed a gift for didn't have covers for their devices. So I set out to find a cover I could make.



I found these adorable owl covers on Etsy. I knew I could make them myself out of scraps I had on hand so I made two and stuffed a Aunt Aunties' free pretzel card. In each one.  I used some funky neon colors since those are popular these days in the high school scene.



I think I might just have to make another one for myself. But maybe I will choose a different color scheme. Although... it would be harder to loose something so bright.

If you are not into making them, but have to have one,  please buy these adorable owl covers on Etsy.

Linking up here:



”Creations

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a tutorial on how to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No sorry, I do not have a tutorial. Mainly out of respect for the person who makes and sells them on etsy. I just looked at theirs and made my own.

    ReplyDelete