"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Monday, July 11, 2011

Fun in the Sun Ice Shapes

I have been wanting to do this simple project since last summer but just never got around to it.
The idea is to freeze little toys and such into containers of water. Any container with a wide top will work. We went for the bunt pan option today and a couple recycled plastic butter and chip dip dishes.



I then went and looked through the house for little objects to freeze into our water.
Some shapes sunk some floated. I used some scrap paper to add some more color, and to add a layer. If I wanted to take my time doing this I would have froze the water half way and then added some more toys that sink, and more water to make them freeze in the middle of the ice block. But I fear my kids attention span may not be that long today so I just went for it.


Here they are in the freezer.
(by the way, random thought, I don't recommend freezing the fat free jello pudding you see at the bottom, doesn't turn out to great when it thaws again, we will save them for milkshakes or something.)



Don't you love the color the blue paper added. So bright and interesting.


So then I set them loose on their treasure hunt.

Some of the things I put in there ended up looking a bit disturbing. hehe


"HELP ME!!!"



Jack kept saying. "Tail mom! Tail!!"

And  a half hour later..

All the treasures were found and sorted.




Good way to keep them cool and busy for a while and it didn't cost a thing.





Linking up here:

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm going to give this a try with my kids once it warms up enough here! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! MY kids would LOVE it! Thanks!

    I am your newest follower!

    <3

    Risa

    ReplyDelete