"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Sunday, March 13, 2011

Matilda Jane Knock-off Dress Redo



So I had this dress.

But I didn't care for it. It was ok, just a bit boring. My husband didn't care for it at all. My daughter wore it to church a few times with some cream tights. So after looking at the Matilda Jane catalogue online after a friend of mine had a Matilda Jane party. I love the style, but not the price. Lucky I can do it on my own. Maybe not a dead ringer but I can create a similar look. I decided this dress would make a good base for that style, it just needed a few things.



I headed into my scrap fabric and added some ruffles and some buttons. Now it is pretty cute. I did however think it needed some ruffle bottom pants to finish the look. So I grabbed more fabric from my fabric stash and threw these together quickly.



I think they look pretty cute with this shirt too. Not too bad with the dress either.



Linking up at:

Keeping It Simple


 

3 comments:

  1. I think it's pretty cute! I've always loved that style. What a great upcycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work!!! I love Matilda Jane -- the adult stuff and the kid stuff. But yes the price is insane for stuff they'll grow out of so fast :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This absolutely works as Matilda Jane! Amazing change to the dress. Looks authentic!

    ReplyDelete