"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Bat-mobile / Cookie Cutter Painting

Photobucket

You don't need to know how to draw or paint a bat for this project. This is easy enough the kids can do it. The trick is using a cookie cutter as a paint stamp. We have used cookie cutters as paint stamps before to make holiday artwork, or fun wrapping paper. It is a fun to use something in a new way.

What you need:
Paper (I used purple card stock)
Ribbon (I used orange)
Paint (I used light green)
Tape
Bat Shaped Cookie Cutter.

Photobucket

How:
Put some paint on a paper plate. Use the bat cookie cutter as a stamp and make your bat shapes. Let them dry. Cut them out. Tape them to some ribbon. I used two bat cut outs on each ribbon so that they were double sided. Then I tied them onto our hanging light over our dinning room table.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. super cute, originial idea. and thanks for the wire tute. i have always wondered how to work with it! xoxo malia

    ReplyDelete