"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Tuesday, June 29, 2010

T-shirt Reborn #1

Photobucket

My daugher has a favorite t-shirt that she liked to wear constantly the last two summers. Not only did this shirt not fit this year, but it was not something I could sell because it was starting to fall apart. Considering we go the shirt at a garage sale to begin with this shirt had been loved dearly!

Photobucket

Photobucket

But it wasn't gone forever. It just needed to be reborn and I was waiting for just the right opportunity. Well that opportunity came today when I found this pink shirt at a rummage. I had a small blue ink stain right in the center but other than that the shirt was in great shape. Plus because of the small stain, it only cost 25 cents!


Photobucket

I am sure by now you can see where I am going to go with this. It was almost a no-brainer for me!

The reason why this shirt was SO COOL was that the picture in the middle is not only the picture of a butterfly but also if you look at it at a differnt angle it changes into a butterfly! Way cool to any 5 year old I assure you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So as you can see I trimmed around the picture and decided to leave a small white border around it so that there was space between the pink on the smaller boarder and the pink of the larger shirt.

Then pin the picture onto the larger shirt where you would like it to be and sew around it. I kept with the zig zag stich so that it matched the zig zag stich on the rest of the picture.

Photobucket

On knit you really have to be careful not to stretch the fabric while sewing. Mine did pucker a bit but the overall look was still fine. Even using a stablizer may have helped some and I will plan on that for future projects.

I do however have a very happy little girl with a new favorite T-shirt.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment